3/16/2009

China in 2008 Available


Our forthcoming volume is no longer forthcoming--as of today, it is available for purchase. While dedicated China Beat readers may find some of the content familiar, about one-third of it is brand-new (and other pieces have been expanded). For those who want to learn more about the volume before purchasing it, we direct you to a few excerpts and discussions of the book:

An excerpt from the Introduction, by Kate Merkel-Hess

A complete table of contents

An excerpt from the Afterword, by Ken Pomeranz

A flyer about the book from publisher Rowman & Littlefield

Discussion about the book from contributor Jeremiah Jenne, at his blog Jottings from the Granite Studio

3 comments:

Mark Anthony Jones said...

I'm very much looking forward to reading this new book, and maybe even reviewing it for my China Discourse .net blog. Will it be released in Australia? If so, any idea when?

The China Beat said...

Hi, Mark. Sorry to have held your earlier comment--to the same effect as this one--for so long w/o publishing it. Was trying to run down an answer, but with both JW and our publisher (and me) on the road at once, has been harder than I thought. I'll do my best to get back to you with an answer next week. Sorry for the delay!

--KMH

Mark Anthony Jones said...

No worries Kate. I really am looking forward to getting my hands on a copy.

Cheers!